The Pinkas Synagogue is one of the oldest synagogues in Prague’s Jewish Town. Dating from the early 16th century, it was built as a private house of prayer for the family of Aaron Meshulam Horowitz at the edge of the Old Jewish Cemetery.
During the Nazi occupation, the Pinkas Synagogue was used as a warehouse of confiscated Jewish property. After its reconstruction in 1954-1960, its interior was turned into a memorial for the more than 78,000 Jewish victims of the Shoah from the Czech lands.
The outdoor projection of photographs of Shoah victims gives a face to some of the names that are written on the walls inside the synagogue.
Journeys with No Return